In order to ensure that our developers have access to a geographically diverse pool of numbers, we changed the way we handle phone number availability in the free development environment.
- Applications in this environment will only be able to add a limited amount of United States PSTN phone numbers per account. Accounts with no credit card information will be limited to 2 phone numbers. Developers who have added a credit card to their account may associate up to 30 phone numbers across all their development applications, at no cost.
- For access to more numbers, toll-free numbers, or international numbers, please move your app to the production environment, upgrading your account by providing your billing credentials in the portal as necessary.
- We will soon be announcing a policy to automatically recover phone numbers associated with developer applications that have not been used for a significant time period. Developers who wish to guarantee access to their numbers are encouraged to move their applications to our production environment.
At Tropo, it’s an ongoing effort to provide most competitive pricing without compromising the platform reliability and quality. We are excited to announce our recent prices changes where we have reduced voice calling rates to over 2000+ destinations. In order to align with our vendor cost, we have also increased our voice calling rates to 30+ destinations.
These price changes will be applied automatically on all paid accounts starting from February 13, 2018. Customers that have an Enterprise Contract with defined international pricing will not be impacted by this change while their contract remains in force.
Here’s a summary of price changes:
- Rates increased: 36 destinations across France, Spain, Luxembourg, Turkey, Argentina
- Rates reduced: 2410 destinations across Romania
How these rate changes will impact you depends on the countries and regions where you do your calling. Some of our customers will see their bills go down and some will see their bills go up. If your traffic is done primarily in the United States, you should see no change. There will also be no impact who do not use Tropo for outbound voice calling.Please refer to the following files for the list of destinations impacted by this price change. https://pricing-download.tropo.com/2018-02-Tropo-OutboundVoice-PricingChanges.csvWe anticipate that our rates will change from time to time as our vendor costs go up and down and we will update this blog with changes in advance so you can plan accordingly. Thanks for working with Tropo!
It has been two years since we last changed our rates at Tropo. At that time we announced reductions in costs for calls and messaging to and from US numbers as well as reducing the cost for most of our international numbers from $10 to $6 a month.
In those last two years, we have seen rates for international calling and messaging change dramatically. While we’ve tried to keep our rates consistent, our primary goal is to ensure that we provide a platform with high reliability and quality. In order to meet that goal, today we are announcing across the board changes for the rates for calls, messages and phone numbers for non-US countries. In many cases rates have gone down, in particular, you will notice that there are now several countries where phone numbers cost significantly less than $6 per month. With that said rates have also gone up in other areas including monthly recurring charges as well as our per-minute and per-message fees.
The new pricing will become effective as of January 8, 2018.
How these rate changes will impact you depends on the countries and regions where you do your calling and messaging. Some of our customers will see their bills go down and some will see their bills go up. If your traffic is done primarily in the United States you should see no change. Customers that have an Enterprise Contract will not be impacted by this change while their contract remains in force.
In order to help you determine the impact on you we are providing the following files for download:
- Outbound Voice Rates — Previous
- Outbound Voice Rates — New
- Outbound SMS Rates — Previous
- Outbound SMS Rates — New
- Inbound Rates (including setup fees and recurring costs for numbers) — Previous
- Inbound Rates (including setup fees and recurring costs for numbers) — New (Updated 1/4/2018)
Going forward we anticipate that our rates will change from time to time as costs go up and down. When this happens we will blog about the changes in advance so you can plan accordingly.
Thanks for working with Tropo!