Has this ever happened to you?
You’re feeling a bit randy so you decide to head over to your local coworking facility or hacker dojo to get some work done. Although it’s a bit of an odd hour, the caffeine is pumping in your veins and you’re raring to code up the next big thing. Unfortunately, when you get to your coworking site your realize that the door is locked, and you don’t know who is inside to call or send a message to so they may come and let you in. Bummer!
I’ve create a simple Tropo Scripting application that uses CouchDB that can prevent this from ever happening to you or your coworkers. It’s called CloudKnock. You can get the source code for this application over on GitHub.
The screencast below demonstrates how you can use CloudKnock to get into your coworking site quickly and easily.
Some of the really nice features of CloudKnock:
- There is no special hardware required to unlock the door at your facility.
- You don’t need to advertise that you are at your local hacker dojo (and not at home) on a social networking site.
- Coworking members get notified on the channel they choose to utilize, which makes them more likely to get your message and come let you in. ;-)
I’d love to hear feedback on this application from anyone who ha a chance to test it out.
- Win a #SXSWi conference pass: Here’s how!
- Cloud Awesomeness with Tropo and CouchDB
- SMS Voting App in 10 Minutes with Tropo and CouchDB
- Timeless SMS – Using CouchDB to Track Two Way SMS Conversations