Tropo is proud to be a Gold Sponsor of the upcoming PHP Community Conference in Nashville, TN on April 21st and 22nd.
We’re looking forward to meeting some great, inspired PHP developers and helping them build awesome multi-channel communication applications with the Tropo platform. The schedule for the event is packed with great topics and the event promises to be an exciting and rewarding one for people that are passionate about PHP.
As an added bonus, Tropo is partnering with our friends over at the Spaz project to sponsor a PHP Hackathon at the event.
Details of the Hackathon will be announced at the beginning of the conference, and the winners will be announced prior to the closing keynote.
We’ll be awarding some awesome gadgets to the top two projects built during the course of the event that use the Tropo platform.
Here are some specific details about the hackathon that will take place during the conference:
- The official announcement about the hackathon will be made at the beginning of the conference on April 21st.
- A “hacking workshop” will be held jointly by members of the Tropo and Spaz teams on the first day of the conference to provide an overview and help generate project ideas.
- You can build a stand alone application, or integrate Tropo into a larger PHP-based project. For example, build a Tropo module for Drupal or CiviCRM, or a WordPress plugin that uses the Tropo platform.
- You can build your Tropo app from scratch or use one of the many awesome PHP frameworks for your project.
- The winners of the hackathon will be announced at the end of the conference, prior to the closing keynote.
- The top two projects built on or for the Tropo platform will receive a prize.
Mark Headd, Developer Evangelist for Tropo, will be on hand at the conference to assist with the hackathon and to answer developer questions. Be sure to look for him if you have questions or want to participate.
Hope to see you next week in Nashville!
- Hacking a Better World
- Hacking Open Government in Philadelphia
- Join us at DrupalCamp Nashville
- Hacking History with Tropo
- Hacking for the Greater Good