Cloud Foundry is a Platform-as-a-Service platform that lets you deploy Spring, Grails, Rails and Node.js applications in the cloud. We’ve already shown in previous blog posts how you could easily create Tropo-powered Grails applications with Tropo’s Grails webapi plugin. However, in this blog post I’m going to show you an screencast in which you will learn how to deploy your applications to CloudFoundry.
As you will see in the screencast, deploying your Tropo applications with Grails to CloudFoundry is really easy. A few commands and you get your application not only in one, but in two cloud platforms!! So, you’ve got on one hand Tropo’s cloud platform which lets you run voice powered applications that can quickly scale and on the on the other hand you run all the business logic in CloudFoundry’s cloud platform. So you don’t have to worry about server and resources provisioning and you can take advantage of CloudFoundry’s infrastructure to scale.
So, here is the screencast:
Also, be sure to check these links to get extra information:
- CloudFoundry’s website (you will need to sign up for an account)
- CloudFoundry Grails plugin user’s guide.
- Grails CloudFoundry UI plugin User’s guide (this plugin lets you graphically manage your resources).
- This article shows how to use CloudFoundry from your SpringSource STS IDE
Hope you like it!!
- New Grails based WebApi implementation
- Voice powered applications with Grails (Screencast)
- Controlling your Browser with your Phone and Grails
- Creating an internationalized Restaurants Finder application in minutes with Grails and Tropo
- Writing and Deploying a Tropo App with an iPad