As you may recall, Disruptive Technologies recently extended the capabilities of OpenVBX (the open source cloud PBX software) to run on our Tropo cloud communications platform. The original blog post announcing this project was entitled, “Jailbreaking OpenVBX“. This title was chosen carefully because at the time of the post, OpenVBX only ran on a single cloud platform. Disruptive Technologies was able to extend the communications layer of this application to not only add support for Tropo but also simplify future efforts involved in adding support for other platforms such as Asterisk, FreeSwitch, and others.
As it turns out, the original repository maintainers declined to accept Disruptive Technologies’ GitHub pull request to merge the code bases and asked that the name of the new project be changed, effectively requesting a formal fork of the open source project. Here is the new GitHub repository for TropoVBX.
The TropoVBX fork still provides support for multiple platforms – including the platform of the original repository maintainer. Disruptive Technologies will also be merging updates from the original fork where possible and continuing to add new features to TropoVBX as time permits. Because TropoVBX now runs on the Tropo platform, there are many new and advanced features only supported Tropo which include:
- Speech Recognition in 24 languages
- Text-to-Speech in 24 languages with male and females voices for each
- Support for biometrics on password resets
- Ability to route Skype calls into TropoVBX
- Ability to support true SIP VoIP in and out of the platform
- Phono web phone integration
- International SMS
- Phone numbers in 41 countries
- Multiple phone numbers supported per callflow
- Large conference calls
Please feel free to clone, contribute, and fork the new TropoVBX project and use our logo as you see fit. Our version of this project will remain truly open in every sense of the word and spirit of open source.
- Jailbreaking OpenVBX
- My Voice is My Password. Verify Me.
- Introducing OpenVoice. Your number, Open Source.
- The People’s Skype for the #Occupy Movement
- Empire Avenue Stock Quotes by SMS