Salesforce.com Developer Evangelist Pat Patterson recently wrote a blog post on how to integrate the Tropo API with Force.com for a simple solution to voice message transcription. You could use this in several ways for Salesforce Leads, Contacts and Tasks with a few tweaks tailored to your business needs but Pat breaks down the easiest way to implement Tropo’s speech recognition and transcription to easily look up a contact based on caller ID and create a Task with the message transcription.
Be sure to check out Pat’s Transcribing Voice to Tasks with Tropo API post at Developerforce for the complete run through on how he got this working in less than 40 lines of Apex. Thanks Pat for sharing how to set this up and other ideas to take the campaign even further!
- Voice Texting With Tropo Speech & SMS Technology
- Send a Fax with your Voice!
- Using C# to Send Outbound Calls and SMS Messages
- Simple POST and GET interface to Tropo SMS
- How to Send & Receive SMS Text Messages Using Tropo and Ruby