We’re so happy to be a partner with Startup World, a 36-city worldwide competition to find the most world-changing innovative companies. Startup World is the brainchild of Hermione Way, founder of Newspepper, SIlicon Valley video director of The Next Web, co-founder of Ingite and soon-to-be-tv-star of the upcoming reality show, Silicon Valley Start-Ups, airing on Bravo on November 5th.
The first leg of Startup World took us to Mexico City where around 200 attendees watched 10 startups pitch to 3 judges. At the end, the winner was selected, Modebo, a company designing wireless devices to help build smarter, greener buildings. Congrats to all of the participants and good luck to the Modebo team when then head to Silicon Valley next year for the global pitch-off! Check out some of the coverage for the event: Startup World Mexico City and the awesome teaser video:
- Announcing the South America Startup World Finalists
- Tropo joins Startup World in 36 cities
- Win Tix to the Silicon Valley Startup Mansion Crawl from Tropo
- Pitching to Win at Philly Startup Weekend
- Philadelphia Startup Drinkup